Socially Conscious Capital and Wemyss and March Estates have a long-term commitment to deliver a truly exemplary development, which will be fully integrated with the current village and of benefit to the wider community.
Our masterplan for Longniddry South shows a community comprising:
- Around 450 much-needed homes, embracing a range of house types and tenure options (including 25 per cent affordable housing). These are being progressed by Cruden Homes and ZeroC.
A mix of commercial opportunities at the renovated Farm Steading. These include:
- A café and farm shop, units for various professional and service uses, some self-catering accommodation units, and office space.
- A full size football pitch.
- A new village green, restored mill pond, community orchard, play parks and other high quality public open spaces.
- Good and safe connections between the development and the existing village.
The overriding aim of this masterplan is to secure the delivery of an exemplary development, designed to a very high standard. It will provide existing and future residents of Longniddry with high quality homes set in an attractive landscaped environment, including extensive green spaces. Socially Conscious Capital has agreed a design code with the developers and will be using it to ensure that the built development matches the exemplary quality that it has always envisioned for this site.
Development will not only make current facilities and amenities, such as the primary school, more sustainable but will also bring new services to the village. A variety of different types of housing will deliver opportunities for families and young couples, as well as smaller homes for those looking to downsize.
This is not going to be a separate settlement but through physical and social connections will ensure an integrated community is preserved. Indeed, it can support and improve existing services and infrastructure, such as the transport network.